The Village Calendar and Comments links above are not functioning properly and should not be used. Follow the Alerts and Announcements Link above for the monthly Village Meeting Calendar link, which is located on the top of that page.
Computer generated rendering of approved bridge replacement plan.
VILLAGE BOARD APPROVES CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR FOR SOUTH LAKESHORE DRIVE BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT
The Village of Fontana Board of Trustees approved a motion at its monthly meeting held Monday, June 1, 2015 to accept the $1,711,960 bid submitted by Zenith Tech, Inc. for the South Lakehore Drive Bridge Construction Contract. The construction commencement date is scheduled for October 15, 2015.
Contract bidding and construction scheduling concerns led the Village staff and engineering consultants to recommend a delay until October 2015 for the commencement of the bridge replacement project. When preparing to put the construction plans out for the bidding process, it was determined by the project engineers that a July 4, 2015 deadline goal was unattainable, especially if there were any delays for weather or for the construction process and cement curing requirements.
The construction schedule was established as follows:
- Approved Construction Plans put out for bids: April 30, 2015; bid opening date May 21, 2015.
- Village Board consideration for Bid Approval: Monday, June 1, 2015.
- Construction Commencement: October 15, 2015 (NOTE: The emergency replacement deck will be removed and the bridge will be closed to motor vehicle and pedestrian traffic until the May 13, 2016 completion date).
- Geneva Lake Channel closure: October 15 to 19, 2015 (NOTE: Following this initial five-day period, the Geneva Lake Channel from the Abbey Harbor will be open for boaters on weekend days throughout the rest of the 2015 season; however, the channel will be closed for some weekday time periods when the construction activities will prohibit the safe passage of boats at the “slow no-wake speed,” and at times during the final stages of mounting the new bridge deck. In the spring there may be some channel closures to set the girders, if they are not already set during the winter months. The staging of the construction activities and the scheduling of opening and closing times for the channel will be coordinated throughout the construction period by the project engineers and contractor with the employees of the Abbey Harbor Association and village staff.
- Substantial Completion Date: May 31, 2016.
The repaired bridge currently is not open for truck or trailer traffic, so it is still being detoured south on Highway 67 to County Highway B, to Indian Hills Road and back to South Lakeshore Drive. Pedestrians are able to walk over the repaired bridge, but the sidewalk under the bridge will not be opened until the replacement project is completed.
Feeding and Baiting Deer Is Illegal in Walworth County
Wisconsin DNR Warden Juan Gomez has announced that the state is
cracking down on property owners and residents who are illegally feeding and
baiting deer. Walworth County and the entire southern portion of the state are
in zones where feeding and baiting deer is illegal. Violators face fines between
$343 and $745 if a citation is issued by the DNR. This linked DNR
informational flyer features a state map of the restricted counties.
Village Hall Saturday Hours Run Through Labor Day
The Fontana Village Hall is now open on Saturday mornings from 10:00 AM to Noon for customer service. The Saturday morning hours will continue through Labor Day weekend. Village Hall is open Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
PAY STATIONS ARE NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL OCTOBER 15TH
The Village of Fontana Police Department's seasonal enforcement of the Parking Pay Stations is in effect from April 15 through October 15, 2015.
Parking Sticker Guidelines || Click Here
Visit the Village of Fontana Park Commission Facebook page at: VOF Park Commission
EXTERNAL WEB SITE LINK DISCLAIMER: The Village web site and materials may contain hypertext or links to other internet web sites
which are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed regularly by the Village. These links
are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you, the visitor. When you link to one
of these sites, you are no longer on the Village web site and this Privacy Notice will not
The Village does not produce, endorse or have any control over the preparation or
maintenance of the web sites to which links are provided. The links are provided for the
convenience of users. No warranties or representations are made about the accuracy or
quality of the content on other web sites.
The Village, its agencies, officers, or employees exercise no control over the organizations,
views, accuracy, availability, copyright or trademark compliance or the legality of the
material contained on those servers and do not sponsor, endorse, or approve the information,
content, products, materials, opinions or services contained on such external sites. The visitor
proceeds to these external sites at their own risk. The Village and its web development
company specifically disclaims any and all liability from damages which may result from accessing a third party site which is linked to the Village web site, or from reliance upon
any such information.